Friday, September 09, 2005

I once again find myself at a Friday. The weekend is just ahead and many things are floating around inside this little screwed up head of mine. I will attempt to toss a few out onto this “virtual paper”, as it were, and hopefully unclutter myself.

My sister and brother-in-law are still doing fine. They’re applying for federal aid under the provisions set forth by the government for survivors of Katrina. Who knows what sort of damage might exist at their apartment back in Louisiana. They’ve only recently been able to contact their employers down there. New Orleans is still nothing but a stagnating, disease-ridden, filthy cess pool of decay and pollution at this point. It’s a horrible thing to see a city with such a lengthy history and culture reduced to nothing more than a sad shamble of its former self.

Patriot Day (9/11) is coming up on Sunday. Each generation, it seems, contends with its own set of national tragedies. I don’t know how many years I will live on this earth, but I’ve seen a few tragedies already that should never have come to pass. The shuttle Challenger explosion, The Branch Davidian Compound, The Oklahoma Bombing, Columbine, The unsuccessful World Trade Center Bombing attempt, (then much later, the actual horrific events of 9/11/2001) and now the devistation of Hurricane Katrina.

Well, on a positive note… I’m going to a huge barbeque with my inlaws on Sunday. Everything’s free, so at least there’ll be some good food this weekend. I’m also planning on washing my truck, which I enjoy doing. Here’s a pic of my 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 with the 5.7L Hemi engine. 345 horses… and they’re all snortin mad. ~grin~

"Ya'll have a great weekend!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looked better pink bro j/k