Friday, September 16, 2005

Goooooodmorning boys and girls. It’s time for yet another daily life report from “yours truly”. My sister is headed back down to Louisiana to join my brother-in-law at their apartment. I’ve seen some pictures of the place that he’s emailed to the family. While there is a bit of damage to the structure, it’s not that severe.

Most of the actual damage was inflicted upon the surrounding pine trees. Some of these did damage to other homes in the area, but I’m glad that they’re not having to extract a tree from their bedroom. Their jobs are still secure and their landlord has asked for their assistance in getting things back in working order. The guy is really nice and helpful, I’m told, so I’m sure everything will be back to 100% as soon as possible. My folks are taking her down there today… so I should have some reports from them either tonight or tomorrow on the condition of things when they arrive.

There are plans to do some ATV riding with friends this weekend. That’s always fun, but it would be so much more fun to get my own. One step at a time, I suppose. As it stands right now, I’m looking for some part-time work to help supplement the existing budget. I need to make sure I don’t let my hunger for a new toy outweigh my common sense when it comes to financial obligations, I suppose. That wouldn’t be good.

But, at any rate, there will be some job-hunting going on this weekend, and (as I mentioned in the last post) a visit to the Arctic Cat dealership. If any of you are interested in taking a peek at the rigs I’m trying to decide between… here’s a link to each one…

2006 Yamaha Kodiak 400 4x4 Automatic – http://www.yamaha-motor.com/outdoor/products/modelhome/51/0/home.aspx

2005 Arctic Cat 400 4x4 Automatic VP – http://www.arcticcat.com/atvs/lineups/specs.asp?y=94&c=95&s=102&m=631

Both are pretty, both look tough, and both have good reviews. But, if I don’t get a loan app to be approved, I ain’t getting either one… *sigh*

((NOTICE)) – I have discovered why those of you who read my blog are having difficulty in posting comments to my entries if you’re not a “registered user” of Blogger. Apparently it has something to do with the option I inadvertently selected in the Comments Setup section that disabled readers’ ability to leave comments if they weren’t registered users. Now, I’m no rocket scientist here… but switching that option back on MIGHT just solve the problem. (rolls eyes) I’m sorry about that, folks. But, afterall, I am… a redneck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jay!! It worked!! Yay! Anywho... Glad to see that you are looking at a yamaha! I told you I would turn you to the "dark side"!!