Thursday, March 23, 2006


In case I haven’t mentioned it already, and I don’t believe I have… Kasey Kahne won the Golden Corral 500 race at Las Vegas this past weekend after clinching the #1 pole position and enduring a rain delay.

He slipped as far back as 10th position, but they clearly had a winning game plan and Evernham Racing sent his Dodge Charger to the front of the pack to lead nearly 26 laps before edging out Mark Martin, Matt Kenseth and Jimmy Johnson for the win.

It sucks that due to the rain delay, the race wasn’t televised. But, I still managed to hear highlites of it through friends of mine who have links to live audio for the races. They kept me informed.

This win comes after a lengthy period of good shows, but no victories. I was getting a lot of ribbing about my unwaivering support of Kahne around the office, but I’m vindicated now. This makes Kahne’s first victory since his astounding finish in Richmond during the 2005 Nextel Cup season.

Kahne will be on the track this coming weekend… I’ll be in my chair, cheering him on.

===========================================================

Onto other matters…

We don’t need anymore rain. I’m fed up with cold-n’-sloppy… I’d like to have some warm-n’-sunny now, thanks. What’s with all this damn wacky weather we’ve been having, anyway?? I mean, sheesh… Mother Natures gives us 70 degrees…20 degrees…65…32…80…40…. MAKE UP YOUR DAMN MIND!!!

I mean, we get warm weather just long enough to set up my wife’s flower bed and get all her plants in the ground and manage to transplant our rose bushes… then we get 3 nights of temps at around the mid to high 30’s. I imagine our flowered plants are in shock about now. We’ll probably lose some of them, even though we managed to cover them from any frost.

I’m no hordiculturist, so what do I know? I just hope it’s all ok. We worked on that for a good while.

More later, I suppose.

1 comment:

~Georgia Peach~ said...

Hmmm.. for some reason that rant sounds oddly familiar....lol