Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Hrmmm… well, this past Sunday marks the 33rd year of my residency on this planet. I don’t feel any older, but I’m sure that with the progression of several more of these birthdays… I will. All in all, it was a fairly good day.

It’s not often that a person gets to share their birthday with the running of the Daytona 500… especially with being a NASCAR fan, like I am. So, that in itself was good. The end of the race could have turned out better, but ya can’t win em’ all.

I thought it to be somewhat ironic that Kasey attempted to help Earnhardt Jr. move toward the front and give Jimmie Johnson a challenger for the trophy at the end. Then, Junior’s “old man” engine apparently went into sleep-mode and push Kahne back several places as the 5 to 6 car locomotive steamed past both of them in the faster bottom-groove. ~sigh~ I guess we’ll see how things pan out in California next week.

In other news… ice sucks. It sucks not because it inhibits the proper and safe flow of traffic… but because it inhibits the proper and safe flow of traffic from Friday evening until Monday morning. What good is that?? If you’re gonna mess up the roadways… at least do it on a work day.

Nothing has been accomplished by Jack Frost unplugging his nostril on central Arkansas over the weekend, only to have the roads become at least 75%-80% passable by Monday morning’s commute time. Yay.

At any rate, here I am once again, sitting in my windowless office on the second floor of a manufacturing plant. Each day I listen to the constant scream of power drills, the crackle of welders, the loud whir of metal grinders, the banging of hammers on ¼” plate steel and the shouts of workers trying to communicate over the noise level. At least it’s work and it’s paying the bills.

Well… I know this is short, but I’ve got stuff to do. More later.

1 comment:

~Georgia Peach~ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.