Monday, August 29, 2005

Well, this weekend went pretty well. My Nascar driver didn't win at Bristol, but then again... just to survive at Bristol is cause for celebration.

I spent most of Saturday and Sunday with my wife and our friends, riding around the woods and backtrails behind my property. I hadn't been out there in years!!! Things sure can change over time. The trails were wide and clear, the main road had been graded and graveled, and we were lucky enough to see a few deer while motoring around. We got rained on a bit... ran through a few mud puddles...laughed and joked around...and nearly got sprayed by a crop-duster. Yea... a crop-duster. It's Arkansas...what do you expect?

Our friends brought their Honda 350 Ranchers over and we drove em all over the countryside. I've never been lucky enough to get a 4-wheeler for myself. I've always loved riding around on em... but other things were more important. You know... silly thing like gas, groceries, utilities, vehicle payments, insurance... and two kids. But, this weekend has really put an itch on me to get an ATV. It may just be poison ivy.... nah, it's ATV Fever.

I'm thinking about getting a Yamaha Kodiak 400 for my ATV. It's a fairly large frame (and I'm a pretty big guy), plus it's just about the right "weight-to-power" ratio to keep from getting bogged down everywhere. Any more and the weight of the machine would just sink it. Hell, I weigh around 250, myself. If I can get my budget worked out between now and the end of September, we might have a shot at one. Who knows.

Well, that's all for now. More to come as time permits...

No comments: