Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Today has been fairly uneventful. I dropped off a payment for overnight delivery and I have a haircut appointment at 4:00pm today. Exhilirating stuff, lemme tell ya.

My sister & brother-in-law are up visiting from Louisiana in the wake of Hurricane Katrina, which ravaged most of the state and has left many without homes. They were lucky in that their apartment hasn't been hit very hard. Most of the problems in their particular area are confined to communications and utilities being unavailable right now. Of course, debris cleanup and traffic conditions aren't condusive to them being there either. So, it looks like they'll be hanging around for awhile until things can get cleaned up.

I submitted a loan application today with my bank to see what sort of interest rate I qualify for. As I mentioned before, I've got that ATV-Fever and I want to see exactly how feasible this whole dream of mine actually is. Having stopped smoking, I now have at least a portion of "disposable income" which had (until recently) been tied up in buying packs of cigarettes. This should be more than adequate to cover a monthly 4-wheeler payment.

Depending on what rate I get, I may or may not go ahead with the purchase. Of course, this will all be contingent upon the "proper and adequate consultation of my dearly beloved significant-other" before any actual transactions can or will take place. In layman's terms... "If momma ain't happy...ain't NOOOObody happy"

So, here's hoping that a Yamaha Kodiak 400 is in my near future. It would help out with deer-hunting...and would provide at least a portion of "escape" for me and the wife when stress seems to eat a hole through us. Just riding and appreciating the beauty of nature is something I find great comfort and inspiration in. I suppose I'm what you might call a "naturalist romantic". There's just something that touches my soul about the simple beauty of nature.

Ok, I'll end the Marlin Perkins episode and finish up today's entry. I hope my DirecWay refund comes in soon... I sure could use the cash. Ah well... wish in one hand....

No comments: