Monday, October 15, 2007

Well folks... this isn't exactly a normal entry. But, rather, just a matter-of-fact entry. I recently became yet another statistic in this lovely Bush-economy. Yes, layoffs abound... and one of them has taken liberty to sink its jagged teeth into my white posterior.

In other words, I got laid off on Thursday of last week. It came as a shock to me, citing the fact that I'd just gotten a pay raise not two weeks prior. But, as my father always said... "There's no such thing as a Permanent Job. Just be thankful that you have a lengthy Temporary Job."

I suppose things happen for a reason. Luckily, I've already gotten calls for interviews... so perhaps this will only be a brief "unscheduled vacation" for me. Ya'll keep me in your thoughts n' prayers. Bills don't change... but your income can.

More later... if I have power. (sigh)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about you getting laid off. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

How is the job hunt going?

-blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...

Precisely why I had my epiphany: wanna see a perfectly cognizant, fully-spectacular, Son-ripened-Heaven?? … yet, I’m not sure if we're on the same page if you saw what I saw. Greetings, earthling. Because I was an actual NDE on the outskirts of the Great Beyond at 15 yet wasn’t allowed in, lemme share with you what I actually know Seventh-Heaven’s Big-Bang’s gonna be like: meet this advanced, bombastic, ex-mortal Upstairs for the most extra-groovy-paradox, pleasure-beyond-measure, Ultra-Yummy-Reality-Addiction in the Great Beyond for a BIG-ol, kick-ass, party-hardy, robust-N-risqué-passion you DO NOT wanna miss the sink-your-teeth-in-the-smmmokin’-hot-deal. Cya soon…