Wednesday, April 26, 2006

It would be funnier if it weren't so true...

Ok, I guess I’ll come ramble for a bit. Nothing super-exciting has transpired since my last entry, so don’t expect much. But, I was told that I’ve been slacking off in my “blog duties”. So, in an effort to sate the masses of dedicated readers (rolling eyes)… here goes.

Topic 1: Gas Prices Suck.

That’s no big batch of news to anyone. I just wanted to say that because I’m sick and tired of OPEC buying platinum-plated Rolls Royce’s while I’m eating mac-n-cheese. It’s high time we all went to an alternative fuel and let the towel-headed sheiks pound sand up their asses.

What’s wrong with ethanol? We can sure as hell grow us some corn! I don’t know so much about the CNG (compressed natural gas) option, because I have a sneaky suspicion that a severe collision might produce a miniature A-bomb effect and level several blocks. I’m not sure I’d wanna pay that kinda price for a fender-bender.

Topic 2: Jeep Being Recalled for Safety Issue.

Just got a notice about a safety issue that needs to be addressed on the wife’s Jeep. Apparently the oxygen sensor wiring stands a chance of coming in contact with the exhaust system at some location and poses a risk of an underbody fire. We can’t be having that. So the parts are on order and should be here by this coming weekend. It’s an unlikely scenario, but one that I’m not going to ignore…especially since it’s totally covered by the manufacturer.

Topic 3: Truck needs an alignment.

When I get time (and money) to get it done, the Ram is gonna need an alignment. It seems to be tugging a bit to the right. Not enough to notice unless you let go of the wheel on a long straight-stretch… but still…it does wanna wander to the shoulder. Also, I bought brand new “high-quality” brake pads for the front that are not supposed to make any noise whatsoever. I’m hearing a tiny, high-pitched intermittent noise from up there while driving. It doesn’t happen all the time, but I’m thinking it’s probably coming from those pads. I’ll probably have these double-checked when I get the alignment done… just to make sure.

Topic 4: Vacation is Due.

Citing the fact that the last “vacation” I enjoyed was a 4-day whirlwind journey to North Carolina nearly 5 years ago… two days of which included a non-stop, 13-hour, 840 mile drive each way. I think it’s high time for a decent paid vacation. That, hopefully, will be coming my way here in the next month. I will be celebrating my 1-year anniversary here at my current job, and will qualify for one week of paid vacation. I think a camping trip will be in order. I need some peace and quiet… some fishing time… and some sounds of birds and water. Down deep, I’m a nature person. But there are few times for me to actually drop everything and go out to enjoy the simple pleasures of nature. That’s part of the reason I want my 4-wheeler so bad. When I’m on one of those… it’s like I’m free. Cruising down some dirt trail out in the middle of the woods is like being an roaming adventurer on a horse in ancient times… just seeing where the road might lead you. I typically take along my digital camera to capture interesting scenery. Oh well… we’ll have to see if my “steed” can be purchased with the next Tax Return.

Topic 5: Sunburn is Gone.

Yup…the roasted slab of meat that was my back has now returned to somewhat of a normal state. It has blistered, peeled, and turned a nice brown hue. If I don’t suddenly develop a severe case of melanoma, then I think all should be well now. It still itches a bit, but it’s just in the areas where the peeling borders good skin.

I suppose I’ll write more later. Ya’ll take care now… ya hear?

No comments: