Monday, January 09, 2006

Seeing as how it’s been a while since my last post, I thought I’d toss a few thoughts around the ol’ blog. Hrmm…let’s see now. I suppose you’re wondering about New Years (mainly, since the Christmas report has already been posted). Suffice it to say that it came off without a hitch. We (the wife and I) had our friends over to ring in the new year, and we all played board games, drank, and watched the ball drop over Times Square in New York.

Bless his heart, Dick Clark made a valiant and brave appearance on his “New Years Rockin’ Eve” as he does every year. Of course, in light of the stroke he suffered earlier in the year, his speech and appearance were obviously affected. But the mere fact that he did what he loved to do, showed the world his resolve and determination not to let fate beat him into submission. I was impressed and touched.

My grandfather celebrated his 81st birthday yesterday with family and friends. His sense of humor never fails to amaze us all, and I deeply respect him. He has always been the stubbornly grounded and “old-fashioned” anchor of the family, and it would only seem right that the sweetest and most forgiving woman in the world would be his wife. My grandmother is one of the very few true southern ladies, in my opinion.

I’m truly blessed by having the opportunity to know, love, and learn from these two people. I don’t know how life will be the same when the time comes for them to pass on. They’ve been the center of our family all of my life. I suppose all things must take their turn, and likewise all people must assume the roles left for them by those who have been called on to the other side.

On other matters, my computer is giving me fits over my CD-Writer. I think I have an aged and defective ATAPI master-slave cable that I’m going to have to replace. As luck would have it, I have a spare on my desk at home. It’s just a matter of time to be able to unhook everything and swap the cables out. If that doesn’t fix the issue, then apparently my 52x Sony Writer must be defective… at least in the writing functions. It will read just fine. Very puzzling.Our new PS2 (playstation 2) game system now has a PS2 Remote which can control the DVD functions that it’s capable of. I was rather impressed by the video output on the DVD’s. It many ways it has out-performed our simple DVD player that we used in the living room for a long time. That unit is now my youngest boy’s property.

Well… I guess that’ll do it for today. I’ll write more as time permits. Oh! And I almost forgot. I believe there was a Doug Chastain who posted a comment on my previous entry. I’m not sure if this is the same “Mr. C” that I’ve known ever since 7th Grade, or someone else with the same name. Regardless, feel free to drop in anytime. I’m always glad to have readers and comments. I tend to question my own sanity with some of these deep-thought entries… but that’s the whole reason for creating this blog in the first place. I’m sure my readers tend to question my sanity as well. ~lol~

Exit… stage left.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jason,

#1... Get your self an Xbox.. It out rules PS2. However, if the rumor is true, PS3 should be pretty cool too.

#2... I love what you say about your grandparents. While myne are still young (70), I have an uncle that is 83 and I love him as if he was my grandfather. (My real one died before I was born, when my dad was 17 - This uncle is my grandfathers brother). Its wonderful to have such great family members... Isnt it? So hard to let them go...