Tuesday, December 27, 2005

TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA 2005 TOUR


Here we are again, back at the Ol’ Blog to toss out some more of my life’s little documentaries. And I’m guessing you’re curious about the TSO concert, and about my Christmas holiday. As luck would have it, that’s exactly what I’m going to write about.

My excitement was growing as the hour approached for the Trans-Siberian Orchestra concert in Little Rock at Alltel Arena. On the evening of the concert, there was somewhat of a squabble between the two lovely ladies that were to be accompanying me to the concert. My wife’s best friend got the tickets and was at the house to ride with us in one vehicle. Well, it seems that both of them had been through a fairly rough day prior to getting ready for the event, and neither one of them was over the days’ events yet.

One mis-spoken word at the wrong time and in the wrong tone…turned into somewhat of a verbal cat-fight in no time flat. I did my best to keep out of the discussion, being that there were two females and only one male. Women tend to gang up on the opposite sex, especially when the man has no backup. Doubly so when the man throws in his “two cents” about the “female issues” on the discussion table. I just ducked and covered.

The squabbling back and forth continued as we got in the truck. I have a single cab Dodge Ram. Sound travels well in a single cab. Ask me how I know. At any rate, thing kept escillating to the point where I had finally endured enough. I voiced my observation of their combined stupidity when it came to consistently and repetitively aruging over meaningless bullshit. I said they should appreciate the fact that they have a friend to watch the concert with, and to stop having a piss-&-moan episode with me trapped in the middle.

After a short time of cooling down, things became tolerable. After 15 to 20 minutes inside the Arena, the excitement of the concert began to take their minds off the fight. The concert was spectacular!!! There were laser lights, strobes, pyrotechnics, spark-sprayers, fog machines, backup singers, soloists, guitar features, keyboard features, drum solo, drama and fantastic music!!!

At one point, “snow” fell from above the crowd and shimmered as the strobe lights danced off the twirling confetti. It was magical, to say the least. Of course, the two ladies swooned after…”him”…as TSO likes to refer to Angus Clark, one of their lead guitarists.

I would have preferred to explore the intimate details of one of their lovely female lead voice… Miss Jill Gioia. Wow, what a voice!! Christmas was a lot of work, but a lot of fun. The boys weren’t disappointed and that was my main goal. The wife was happy, I was happy, the boys were happy… and that’s what it’s all about. Being with family, bringing smiles to faces, and remembering that Jesus is the reason for the celebration. Our friends, Chris and Sheri came over and showered the kiddo’s with presents, too. No complaints were registered by either boy. ~lol~

It was a good time at both events. I’m not sure what the plans are for New Year’s Eve, just yet. But, I’m certain that my wife will have my evening ironed out way before the ball drops.

Well… I better get back to work. Christmas is over and whether I’m rested or not…it’s the work week. More later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Silly Rabbit tricks are for kids. So we had a little fight..... your point is? =P Love ya
Brat

Anonymous said...

Trans-Siberian Orchestra. TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA!!!? Come on, man. Everyone knows that MANNHEIM STEAMROLLER does it better. Why listen to a bunch of former commie pinko Russkies when you could listen to some nice grandparents from Omaha.

Oh, well. To each his/her own.

Happy New Year!