Friday, December 16, 2005

Howdy, boys n’ girls. I guess I can toss another entry or two into the old Journal before Christmas gets here. Old St. Nick is just about ready to take his yearly flight. If you have kids, I hope they get a ton of goodies. I know I’m gonna be having some fun on the 21st, because Trans-Siberian Orchestra is coming to Alltel Arena in North Little Rock. I’m gonna be there!!! This should be awesome!!! Many thanks to “Brat” for the amazingly cool Christmas gift.

Well…what else to write? Hrmm… it’s 1:50, I’m hitting my sleepy-stage of the day where I the the urge to nod off and yawn a lot. It never matters how much sleep I get or how early I get in bed. It happens every day. I guess this begins to happen around middle-age? Who knows.

I should be able to get my home internet back in working order on the 20th…which is this coming Tuesday. I’m looking forward to that. Oh, I won’t get to spend any more TIME in there on the net than I am right now…due to the nagging and griping I get each time I sit down to surf. But at least my service will be active.

I guess, being that this whole blog was started in order for me to just let out some random rants about things that annoy and confound the very sense of logic within me, I could throw out some issues that have come to mind.

1) What is it with all of the stupid disclaimers, microscopic print, 900mph scrolling text and speed talkers on television commercials these days?!?! Tell me, honestly. How many times do we have to see “Professional driver on closed course” and “Dramatization”? Ah yes, dramatization. Everything’s a stupid dramatization. A truck pulling a battleship…gee, I’m glad they said it was just…a dramatization. I would have tried to hook the USS Alabama to my new truck and take it home as a trophy!! ~rolling eyes~ I’m sorry, but I don’t think a sports car can outrun a jet!! I also don’t think that wet-condition tires will allow a car to drive ontop of a body of water. (Not unless Jesus is behind the wheel).
Hey, marketing people! Let me clue you into something that the general buying public is intelligent enough to realize… vehicles can’t drive off cliffs, under the ocean, or through boiling lava, without being destroyed!! We don’t need someone telling us that this is fake.
Anybody who needs that explained to them is too stupid to drive a vehicle in the first place! Any lawsuit from an injury received as a direct or indirect result of attempting to reenact a dramatization should be laughed out of court.

2) Why does every medication they come out with have some sort of horrible series of possible side effects? Shouldn’t these possible reactions be taken into consideration before someone says “sure! Give it to the public!!” ?
Exactly how safe is a medicine when the side effects could be “dry mouth, diarrhea, flatulence, incontinence, upset stomach, nausea, nervousness, drowsiness, and some sexual side effects”? Is that a fair trade-off?? I think I’d rather be sick than to possibly suffer the rest of that. Thank you.

3) Why is it that advertisers buy blocks of advertisement time…so that their commercial is not run once…or even twice in a short span of time. It’s run 4 or 5 times!!! People begin to loathe the product being shoved infront of their faces on TV while watching their favorite program. Once or twice is fine, marketers… not 4 and 5 times. You’re beginning to turn customers away. Just a clue there.

That’s all for now… more later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are welcome for the TSO tickets babe...can't wait to be sitting right there with my 2 favorite people. Love ya "Brat"