Thursday, December 06, 2007

Well, my fine readers… I have an unexpectedly NICE entry to add today! Believe it or not, something good happened to yours truly. After a lengthy, depressing, stressful and gray period of unemployment… I am now gainfully employed by a very reputable engineering firm in the fair capitol city of our state.

I am not what many would call a “deeply religious” or “righteous” person… but I know where credit is certainly due. After much prayer and patience, God has seen fit to bless us by allowing me to work at this new job. Today was my first day, and I would be hard pressed to tell you about anything that wasn’t fantastic!

The location is great. The co-workers are friendly and open. The bosses are jolly and relaxed. The work is very familiar and easily done. The restaurants nearby are fabulous. The parking is free. And the paycheck is going to be STELLAR!!!

I give Him all credit for this, as is only right. I may be a backslid-church-boy, and I have more than my fair share of bad habits. But my dad (God bless him) must be pullin for me up there. I’m not one to ask for pity or offer sob stories… but we’ve been having it pretty rough for a long time now. But, I am SO thankful for this chance to make things better.

I can’t wait to go back tomorrow. I hope every day is as good as this first one was. I’m sure there will be more gripes and rants in the future… but for right now, let a poor redneck enjoy a happy day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to hear that you found a new job. Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

When are you going to update and write another entry?